If you’re Facebook account was recently hacked, the question that’s troubling you is “why to hack a Facebook account?” Facebook is the indomitable leader of social networking and there are over millions of users who maintain Facebook accounts. Security issues such as hacking must have never struck you until your account was hacked. You still can’t figure out what the hacker wants in your Facebook account. To you he may come across as a person with no work in hand but, Facebook hackers have a motive behind doing so. Sit back and read more on why to hack a Facebook account.
5 Reasons on why to hack a Facebook account
If looked at from a hacker’s perspective, there are 5 main reasons as to why to hack a Facebook account.
1. Monetary gains: Facebook accounts have been hacked for monetary gains. It works this way. The hackers teams up with an affiliate company and targets several Facebook accounts. He posts certain links on their wall or sends them out to their friends. Generally, these are links to the affiliate marketer’s products. Every click on the links earns him some money and when he does it for numerous Facebook accounts, it rewards him with a bagful of pennies.
2. Amusement: There are several hackers who hack accounts just to play around. They retrieve passwords to check out your account. They are curious about another’s Facebook account and try to access private and confidential information and photographs that restricted only to a few viewers.
3. Breach of trust or suspicion: When mutual trust diminishes in relationship, we can see many treading on the path called ‘Facebook hacking’. They hack into their partners Facebook accounts to spy on them and access personal information that’s hidden from them.
4. Revenge: Facebook is a social site that enables large scale interaction with other users. Thus, vengeance becomes another reason for why to hack a Facebook account. The intention of this hacker is to malign your character by posting derogatory remarks and giving you a tough time. Jilted lovers occupy a large space in this group of Facebook hackers. Professional rivalry is also another cause but, is rare.
5. Genuine reasons: There are some parents who use this method to monitor their children’s activities. They try to protect them from cyber threats. Another genuine reason on why to hack a Facebook account is to recover a forgotten password.
Why to hack a Facebook account: Secure your account
If the hacker thinks he’s smart enough, show him that you’re smarter than him by adhering to a simple yet important security measures. A strong password that’s difficult to crack can be a strong point for you. An antivirus program is a must have your computer. For an already hacked Facebook account, change the password. You can also ask a trustworthy person to change the password for you from another computer. This is beneficial especially if you have been key logged. Avoid making your personal details such as residential address, phone numbers and photographs public. Beware of fake and scam mails that trap you into this vicious circle.
Armed with an answer on why to hack a Facebook account, follow these steps and ensure that no hacker ever intrudes into your Facebook account.